COVID-19 Back to Church Plan
Church Re-opening Schedule
1- During Georgia’s ‘shelter in place’ all services will be live streamed on our YouTube channel, during our regular schedule service times.
You can locate our channel but searching for “Heritage Baptist Church of Locust Grove“ in YouTubes search bar.
2. Every Sunday morning and evening during May we will have a Parking Lot service, at our regular scheduled service times. While parked on the church property tune in to 90.3 FM. Amen! Wednesday midweek service will continue to be live streamed on our YouTube channel.
3. Sunday June 7, 2020 we will return to the sanctuary for all services. New safety guidelines will be in place for everyone.
4. TBD- all ministries will resume as the Lord directs the Pastor.
Heritage Baptist Church Reopening Announcement
On Sunday, June 7th, we will have our first church service back in the sanctuary
after the COVID-19 pandemic. Our desire is to assemble together in the Biblical manner
that is taught in the Scriptures, and worship God as an independent, fundamental, Baptist
church. Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of every church member and anyone
who attends a service. We have been closely monitoring the recommendations and
mandates of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as all local and state
government guidelines to ensure we are taking every precaution to prevent any exposure
to COVID-19 at Heritage Baptist Church.
When you arrive at church:
1. Enter wearing a face covering (see no. 5 for more detailed information) at
the main front doors where an usher will direct you to the correct entrance.
Please respect the 6 foot social distancing rule at all times.
2. Upon entering, everyone will have their temperature taken with a non-
touch infrared thermometer. If you or any member of your family has a
fever of 100.4 or above, we will recommend you return home until the
fever is gone for 24 hours before returning.
3. A list of COVID-19 symptoms will be posted for you to confirm that your
family members are not exhibiting any symptoms.
4. Everyone 5 years old and older will be required to wear a face covering, as
recommended by the CDC, when entering the church until you are seated.
The face covering may be removed during the church service. Please don
the face covering if you temporarily leave your seat or the sanctuary, and
when you are dismissed at the close of the service.
5. Everyone will sanitize your hands at the sanitizer stations in the foyer
before entering the sanctuary and upon dismissal from the sanctuary.
6. Ushers will help you find a seat in the designated seating areas. Families
will be seated together 6 feet apart from other families.
7. At the closing of the church service the pastor will dismiss the congregation
orderly by rows. As you exit, please do not congregate in the isles,
hallways, or foyer. Ushers will direct you to the correct exit at the main
8. Front restrooms are available for everyone. Please wash your hands before
exiting the restroom.
9. Water fountains will not be accessible. Please bring a bottled water if
Our Sanitizing Protocols
1. A professional company will thoroughly clean and sanitize the sanctuary with
EPA approved chemicals before we have our first service.
2. All public areas and points of contact will be thoroughly and meticulously cleaned
between all church services. This will include all solid surfaces, light switches,
door handles, floors, chairs, pews, and bathrooms. The church has purchased EPA
approved chemicals for those doing the cleaning.